Very quick and not invasive growth species
The columns are strong, cylindrical, ereto, oco, of dark green color, and with 30 meters of height and up to 25 cm in diameter.
This species occupies 15 percent of the total bamboo area in india. South asian native, widely introduced and cultivated along the tropics. Found in almost all india in wild state.
Species prefer only humid and rich in organic matter and grows through vales and rivers perenies. In the floor aluvial sole, the columns are reported to attain a height between 25 and 30 meters and diameter between 20 and 25 cm.
In india, leaf extract is used in local medicine for treatment of inflammatory diseases.
– the species are very explored for production of paper and cellulose.
– excellent kind for live fence and breaks winds.
– civil construction: scaffolding, beams for roofs, roofs, furniture and fences.
– clothing, fishing rod, arc and arrows, furniture, utensils, floating wood.
– brothes and seeds are comestive.
– leaves are used as forage and medicine.
A “milk bamboo” substance is extracted from the columns and is reported to be a stimulant and afrodisiac.
The columns can grow up to more than 30 cm a day.